1. Information collected and How we use it
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information to us when you use our Services. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, make a purchase, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, participate in a survey, click on an ad, redeem a promotion or use some other feature of our Services. We collect certain information automatically when you use the Services, such as information about the pages you look at on our Services, the actions you take on our Services or the device you use to access our Services.
We may also collect information about you from third parties.
For example, the types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact and profile information
- Comments, chat and opinions
- Payment and transaction information
- Location information
- Information provided by social networks, third parties, and/or by other affiliated entities
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity related to your account
The list below sets out the types of personal information we collect about you and how we use that information.
- Contact and profile information. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, address, business information, and e-mail address, when you register for our Services, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest, participate in an offer, redeem a promotion, or enter a sweepstake, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We will use your contact information to create your account, to communicate with you directly about the Services and about any questions, issues or concerns you or other users have, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Comments, chat, and opinions. When you communicate with us directly, e.g. by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or participating in online chat, we might record your comments and opinions. We might also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, entering sweepstakes, or taking part in promotions we run. We might use your comments and opinions to address your questions, issues and concerns and improve our products and services. We may also use the comments and opinions to determine products and services that may be of interest to you and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Payment and transaction information. We collect information such as items purchased, data and time of your transaction, when you make an online purchase to complete the transaction, detect and prevent fraud, and inform our advertising and marketing.
- Location Information. We collect information about your location. We may approximate your location based on your IP address. We use your location information to provide personalized content and advertising, to enhance your shopping experience, to assist us with analytics such as site traffic measurement, and to improve the effectiveness of our websites, merchandise, advertising, and customer service. We may also use your location information to provide you with more information regarding events such as trade shows, personalized offers regarding products, services, or other opportunities, and notifications via social media which may interest you.
- Information provided by social networks. When you interact with our Services through various social media networks, such as when you Like us on Facebook or when you follow us or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. We may use this information to communicate or interact with you on the social network, to better understand the demographics of our visitors, and to personalize content and advertising. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Information provided by other affiliated entities. We may receive information about you from other Reiman companies, businesses, brands and affiliated entities in our family of companies, so that information you provide to one brand may be used by another brand to provide you services or to communicate with you.
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account. We may use information about fraudulent or criminal activity associated with the use of our Services related to your account for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud or abuse.
- All personal information. We will use the personal information we collect to operate, maintain and provide you the features and functionality of the Services, to communicate with you, to monitor and improve our Services and business, and to help us develop new products and services.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services, or information. In this case, you should not use our Services or visit our websites, platforms, nor our social networks.
- Cross-Context Information. We may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our website with your purchases and information we receive from third parties, as well as information we collect automatically through tracking technologies. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, through our call centre, on your mobile device, or on social media.
2. Cookies and other similar technologies
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our Services.
- Recognizing if you are frequent and providing other customized features and Services.
- Displaying features, products, and Services which might be of your interest, including advertisements on our Services.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping baskets.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Information about how you access our Services. For example, the website from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, how frequently you access the Services, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Services from multiple devices and other actions you take on the Service.
- Information about how you use our Services. For example, the pages you visit, the links you click, the advertisements you view and click on, purchase information and your checkout process, your location when you access or interact with our Service, and other similar actions.
- Information about the device you use. Information such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information.
- Analytics information. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Services and to understand more about the demographics and behaviours of our users.
Your choices to control tracking technologies.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to:
- change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept it.
- disable existing cookies; or
- set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using our Services, as some features and services on our Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all tracking technologies. You may set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you viewed or engaged with our emails.
Do Not Track.
Although we do our best to honour the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser currently. Please get in touch through email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
3. How we secure information about you
We design our systems and devices with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer.
4. How we share your information
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Third parties at your request. You may choose to share your activities on bernati.com, or our affiliated brands and companies’ websites through email, text, or on various social media networks.
- Promotional partners. Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, or other promotional activities, which will be identified by name in the Official Rules of the contest or sweepstakes.
- Service providers and advisors. Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Product Suppliers. Third-party product suppliers who may have a legitimate business or legal interest in receiving such information. For example, personal information may be shared with product suppliers to fulfil warranty service obligations, product recalls, or transaction tracking regarding shipments or leases of supplier products.
- The public. When you provide feedback or post user content on our site. For example, if you post a product review on our website or a comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, etc, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction related to Bernati™, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
5. How we store your information
Data storage and transfer. Personal information collected through our website may be stored and processed in Portugal or any other country in which Bernati™ or its affiliated brands or companies or service providers maintain facilities.
Keeping your information safe. Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
6. Third-party data collection
Interest-Based Advertising. We engage in interest-based advertising and may use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. Sometimes the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Cross-Device Linking. We may link your various devices so that the content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Service. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user, a company, or a household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We might use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising actions.
7. Your control over your information
Profile and data sharing settings. You may update your profile information, such as your username, address, billing information, etc., on your Account Page or through a request submitted by email.
How to control your email preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt-out of service-related communications like account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, etc.
How to control your text message preferences. If you receive SMS text messages, you may opt-out at any time by replying STOP or following the instructions in the text message communication.
Modifying or deleting your information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Geolocation. You may control location tracking by adjusting your location services settings on your mobile device. We may continue to approximate your location based on your IP address when you access the Service through a computer or device.
Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, and/or the DAA’s resources.
Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you may need to opt-out again.
8. Social Media Widgets Advertising
Our Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies. We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those social networks.
Since 2016, the European Union has adopted a new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which governs the security and protection of personal data. We have a serious commitment to privacy and data security and continuously review our systems and process to ensure we meet the highest standards of all applicable data protection laws.
11. Online Dispute Resolution
The ODR platform (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ is the official website managed by the European Commission to help consumers resolve their disputes out-of-court.
Should you have any complaint or believe we have not handled your complaint well enough, please contact us through email@example.com before filing a complaint through the ODR platform. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and we adopt the highest standards when it comes to managing, responding to, and resolving our customers’ concerns.
Should you wish to file a consumer complaint on the ODR Platform relating to an order made on bernati.com, please use the e-mail alias firstname.lastname@example.org in the section “What is the trader’s email address?” of the ODR Platform complaint form. Please note, the e-mail alias email@example.com must only be used on the ODR Platform, and only for complaints relating to orders made on our websites or platforms.